Ottawa Wedding Photographer – Christian Lee

I’m an international award-winning Wedding photographer based in Ottawa, though I frequently shoot weddings all over Ontario, and sometimes even abroad.  I love people, and I love to tell stories through photographs.  On any given wedding day, about 90% of my time is spent discreetly capturing real moments, and the other 10% is spent creating unique environmental portraits.  I try to make photos that are stylish and contemporary, but at the same time timeless, kind of like a high-end watch.  My goal is to create a series of images that tell the story of your day almost in a cinematic type of experience…like watching a film unfold in a series of powerful still images.  Feel free to check-out some of my recent work, and read more information about my approach to wedding photography below.

Recent Work

Best of 2014 : My favourite wedding photos

Best Wedding Photos of 2014: As 2015 is kicking-off, I thought I would share some of my favourite images fromView full post »

Orange Art Gallery Wedding : Colene + Stephen

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View full post »

Britannia Engagement : Krysta + Brendan

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View full post »

Gatineau Park Engagement : Sarah + Daniel

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View full post »

Elgin Street Engagement – Coleen + Stephen

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View full post »

Ottawa River Cruise Wedding : Guylaine + Sean

Guylaine and Shawn first contacted me when they began planning their Ottawa River Cruise wedding last winter.  The dayView full post »

Courtyard Restaurant Wedding : Rachel + Alex

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View full post »

Old Ottawa South Engagement : Amanda + Brad

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .View full post »

Blessed Sacrament & Sala San Marco Wedding : Kristina + Toon

After meeting with Kristina + Toon last winter and spending an evening together in the spring for their engagementView full post »

Downtown Ottawa Engagement : Sophie + Chris

Sophie + Chris are are a couple of awesome photographers and videographers, also based in Ottawa.  It’s alwaysView full post »

Herb Garden Wedding in Almonte : Alyssa + Peter

I remember when I first met with Alyssa and Pete last winter, to discuss the plans for their Herb Garden wedding inView full post »

Ottawa Wedding Photographer

Stylish · Genuine · Unique · Timeless

These are the four qualities that define my approach to wedding photography:

Stylish: The latest trends come and go.  I aim to create photos that are stylish & contemporary, and reflect your individual style.  Just as no two people are alike, no two weddings are alike.  I focus to highlight the uniqueness of your day, whether you’re planning a country garden wedding or a glitz-filled affair at a high-end luxury hotel, your photos should suit your style.

Genuine: Authenticity is the soul of every photo, particularly in wedding photography.  Wedding photography is a collaborative process.  Great wedding photos are the bi-product of a great relationship, and great energy between a photographer and client.  When you look at your photos, should be reminded of a fun/happy time, not standing awkwardly while someone had a camera pointed at you.  The process should be enjoyable, and even fun.  If you’re not having a good time, there is a good chance that you won’t like the photos, regardless of the quality.  To me, capturing great, genuine expressions is far more important than making “art” with lovely, picturesque backdrops.  Beautiful locations are great, but they’re nothing without real emotion.

Unique: I try to never take the same photo twice.  I love being a wedding photographer because I love the challenge of creating.  One of my friends once described the job of a wedding photographer as a “Swiss Army Knife”, because you have to be able to make do, regardless of the situation.  As a wedding photographer in Ottawa, this sometimes means cold, rain, snow and other surprises.   I pride myself on being able to make nice photos regardless of the location, conditions, or within very tight timelines.  Whether it’s in a gorgeous country winery or in a downtown back-alley, there are nice photos to be made, you just have to learn to see and adapt.  Some of my favourite wedding photos have come from conditions and situations that could have never been planed.

Timeless:  As much as as I strive to create contemporary & stylish wedding photography, I’m also very aware that these are photos that my clients will cherish for decades and even generations.  I try to stay away from the short-term trends and I try to have a light-touch when it comes to how I process photos.  I avoid heavy Photoshop effects in favour of a more natural look.  Your wedding photos should be as stylish 20 years from now as they are today.

Ottawa Wedding Photographer - Christian LeeOttawa Wedding Photographers